Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Hey all right! Let's do the update!

You remember how this goes, right? Click on the picture if you missed the original posting, then read the update here!

- A Note Of Triumph: The Golden Age Of Norman Corwin, the swell documentary by Eric Simonson and Corinne Marrinan featuring music by yours truly, had its television debut this past week, and many have already written me to ask when it will be on again. I now have the answer! It will next be seen on the Cinemax spinoff More Max on September 13. Check your local listings for times, people, and don't say that I didn't give you enough notice!

- One of our favorite people, Mr. Scotty Iseri, was inspired by the recent story that I posted about the travel agency that specializes in fake trips. So inspired, in fact, that he has now started his own agency called Sketchytemps, which specializes in getting people who pretend like they work for you when they really don't. Services include: pretending like they're your driver, your receptionist, an emergency phone call, and, my personal favorite, fake satisfied customers! References and alibis available upon request. The temps are clear that they will not do anything illegal, but I say if there's a price point for sketchy, then surely there's gotta be a premium for criminal. At least that's how I figure it...

- Another old friend, the strange and hilarious Eugene Mirman, has a very crappy night in a truly crappy motel, and believe me, I can sympathize. But where things get truly hilarious is when he calls cheaptickets.com to try his get his money back. Fortunately, he recorded the whole thing: Part 1 and Part 2. OH MY GOD, I HAVE SO HAD THIS PHONE CALL!


- Well, to no one's surprise, Owen Wilson did not apologize to Steely Dan for turning their song "You, Me and Dupree" into yet another shitty movie starring Owen Wilson. Wilson, for his part, released a statement that said ""I have never heard the song `Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, `HEY 19.'" Wilson then apologized for his two sentence statement being funnier than anything he has done in the last 10 years. Can't get blood from a stone, I guess.

- Finally, what update would be complete without a mention of Shooby Taylor, The Human Horn! Sadly, there's no news on the upcoming album, which we can only hope will see the light of day soon. However, Shooby's performance on "Showtime At The Apollo" has made it to YouTube! Check it out below, and PLEASE, if you have not yet learned about Shooby, click on the picture to the left. Shraw!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example