Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Friday, July 14, 2006

Another truly incredible evening.



All right, I really have to stop writing about myself.

This is the last one for a while. I swear.

So, a while ago, I was asked to score this movie "A Note Of Triumph: The Golden Age Of Norman Corwin", directed by my friend Eric Simonson and produced by my good friend Corinne Marrinan for HBO Films. It's a documentary movie about this forgotten radio pioneer Norman Corwin (that's him above), who influenced a generation of listeners with his beautiful poems on his broadcasts during World War II. He is now 95, and the film finds him reflecting back on his life and career.

It's a fantastic movie. It's so fantastic that it actually won this years Academy Award for Best Short Documentary. Nice, huh? I've now scored an Oscar winning film!

So, last night, it was the big Hollywood premiere of the film at the Museum of Radio And Television in Beverly Hills, and it was super cool. Big fancy party and a terrific screening room.

The best part is that, before the movie, I got to sit down with Norman for a few minutes, and we talked about music the whole time. It turns out that when he was working in radio, Bernard Herrmann was responsible for his music! Bernard Herrmann is the composer responsible for Alfred Hitchcock's greatest scores, including Psycho, Rear Window, North by Northwest and Marnie. And he's a musical hero of mine. Needless to say, we had a lot to talk about. Norman was a true gentleman, very funny and sweet, and genuinely interested in knowing more about me. It was a real pleasure to finally meet him, after just watching footage of him all this time.

So anyway, we screen the film and Norman makes a speech afterwards. He singles me out in his speech and asks me to stand for a round of applause. It was really wonderful, and an extremely generous thing for him to do.

Afterwards, people are thrusting their business cards at me and being very complimentary. It was really great. I'm so used to being under the radar in what I do, that it is then nothing short of shocking when people make a big deal over me. Definitely a nice night and I owe it all to Norman, as well as Eric and Corinne.

"A Note Of Triumph: The Golden Age Of Norman Corwin" premieres on Cinemax on July 27 at 7pm and 10pm. The film runs 40 minutes.

To find out more about the film, click here.


Corinne, Norman and Eric

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great night that was! What kind of score did u do? go Linz

Love,
Mimsie

7/14/2006 4:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lindsay - this is a BIG DEAL! Glad you're having fun, because you're obviously working hard, too. Please give our best to Jamie & Huck -

Ginny & Bert

7/21/2006 7:37 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay Jones! said...

Thanks everybody! Check out the film this month on Cinemax!

7/22/2006 10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example