Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Friday, July 07, 2006

My last night in England



Well, I don't like to talk about myself that often, (which would make one wonder why I have a blog), but anyway, tonight was a special night.

I've been working this week at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon, England, which you may recall was the birthplace of William Shakespeare. The RSC has generously invited companies from around the world to present plays by William Shakespeare, and I've come along with the production of HENRY IV parts I and II, that was originally produced by Chicago Shakespeare. I wrote the music for the show with Alaric Jans, and also did the sound design.

It's been a really terrific experience, the staff has been great, the theatre sounds fantastic and it's just been a great week. Hell, the computer crashed and I lost all my data, and even THAT worked out ok. Thank god.

Now, if you haven't noticed, I'm not a real deep thinker. I don't often take stock of things, I'm usually just really busy, and when I finish something, I always have to move on to the next thing. That's just how it seems to work for me.

However, there are these occasional moments in my life where I've stopped for a moment and thought "HOLY CRAP!"

Anyway, so tonight while I was watching the show, I had two thoughts go through my mind.

The first was just the realization of "HOLY CRAP! I'm working on Shakespeare at The Royal Shakespeare Company!"

The second was, at a certain point today, after asking around, it appears that I am in fact the first American composer EVER at the Royal Shakespeare Company.

HOLY FUCKING CRAP!

If you know otherwise, write me. Otherwise, if you have that other shoe that's gonna drop, then I'll see you in a couple of minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example