Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

OK, OK. I know!

It's been forever since I posted and man, do I have a lot of explaining to do. I promise I will start tomorrow.

For today, however, I wanna share with you my 4th of July present, as my way of getting back on track.

See, right now, I'm working at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon, England with the cast of Chicago Shakespeare's production of "Henry IV Parts I and II". Now, as you can imagine, they don't celebrate the 4th of July here, and we have had a hard (but really great) week here so far. So, today, as we finished the tech of our 6 hour show (you heard me), I put on the following track as our curtain call music for the day.





Do you love it or what?

It's the Holiday City Hot Cha Kitchen Band from their truly magnificent album "Hey Look Us Over".



And here's the liner notes from the back of the album! (Click on it to see it at full size.)



Man, they just don't make albums like this anymore, and I honestly cannot understand why.

BUT! You must go here and download this entire album! I guarantee it will change your life, much like the cast of Henry IV who had it blasted at them at full volume today in the theatre. It was a revelation for us all, especially the British crew who truly had the most confused looks on their faces that I have ever seen.

It was the best way I could think of to celebrate the holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example