Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

You absolutely MUST download this.



This is an incredible opportunity here, so much so that I'm posting it early so you all can take advantage of it.

Courtesy of the truly fabulous jazz and exotica music blog Orgy In Rhythm, they are offering a download of the EXTREMELY RARE and out-of-print score to the 1974 film The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three by David Shire.

People, I cannot stress enough what an amazing score this is for a fantastic thriller of a film starring Walter Matthau. David Shire, who as we all know has had some ups and downs in the film scoring world, delivers his finest hour of super-cool funky 70's spy/bank robbery thriller music. He uses this obscure twelve-tone musical theory that he stole from Schoenberg, but seriously, do you care? Fuck, no. This is the juggernaut motherlode of some ill funk, mixed with some super intense scary spy music.

Here, check out this sample!

More simply put, this score kicks ass. If you've ever wanted a soundtrack for you to run around your house pretending like you're a 70's action hero, this is that music. And, look, just forget about trying to find this in a record store, ok? I have looked and it's totally freakin impossible, and now it's even WORSE since Film Score Monthly magazine went out of business back in January. Yeah, sure, I wanna subscribe to your website, FSM! Don't even get me started.

Anyway, click on this link below and see what I mean. Don't be put off by the weird download directions, just follow the instructions. You will not be sorry, I will stake my rep on this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16347418/The_Taking_Of_Pelham_One_Two_Three__UK_.rar.html


I should give credit to my good friend Jason Singer for turning me onto this score in the first place. He's got the movie poster, to boot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

uh...Lindsay, I've had it for years. Not so rare. Available on CD. Just thought you should know.

-j

5/06/2006 11:58 AM

 
Blogger Lindsay Jones! said...

Ah yes, but this version is the rare version as it is the original UK edition with all of the songs unedited, as opposed to the cd which sorta makes a buncha montages out of them. And did I mention it's free?

5/06/2006 1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

congrats for the blog, wonderful music !

any chance to have an upload for Taking of Pelham again ?

10/29/2006 1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example