Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Friday, April 21, 2006

And you thought your traffic was bad!

Man, I drive in big cities across this country all the time, and I find myself asking the same question all time:

"Why the hell are you people driving so goddam slowly?"

I mean, seriously, traffic is just insane in many of our big cities these days! And I'm not just talking about rush hour here.

Why does it take me an hour to get through the Holland Tunnel in NYC at 1 in the morning? Why do the express lanes on the Kennedy (90/94) in Chicago always go slower than the local lanes, and why would anyone ever refer to them as "express"? Why does the 10 highway get jammed up at the 110 in LA, no matter what time it is? Can anyone explain what the hell is going on in Long Beach that makes the 405 so jammed up all the freakin time when I'm driving to San Diego? AND, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN DELAWARE THAT MAKES I-95 A FUCKING PARKING LOT 24/7? YOU'RE DELAWARE, FOR GOD'S SAKE! I SHOULDA BEEN THRU YOUR STATE BEFORE I REALIZED I WAS IN IT! YOU'RE FREAKIN' DELAWARE! DELAWARE!!!!!

Ahem.

All this brings me to my point. See, contrary to popular belief, we're not the only country dealing with these kindsa problems. Other countries have them too, and they don't necessarily have the most high-tech ways of dealing with them.

Take, for example, this video of a crowded street in India. They don't have express lanes, they don't have speed bumps. Hell, they don't even have a stoplight. And yet, somehow, their traffic works flawlessly. Watch this and you'll see what I mean.



See? Why can't all traffic just function like this? Can't we all just get along?

I'm looking at you, Delaware!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh......my.....God.

I can't believe what I just saw. What the HELLL????

And Delaware has a rush hour? That's inhuman.

4/23/2006 12:42 AM

 
Blogger Lindsay Jones! said...

dude. Delaware is french for "rush hour".

It's insanity.

4/25/2006 1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example