Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Thursday, March 23, 2006

What? Me Worry?

I have this particularly interesting relationship with David Naunton, house sound engineer of The Goodman Theatre. He's the greatest guy, and I really enjoy working with him.

He does have this habit, however, of being reassuring in a way that always makes me incredibly nervous. (I'm POSITIVE he would say the same thing about me). Like he'll say things like "Well, I'm sure it will all be fine, and if it isn't, just your entire career will be ruined, that's all." That kinda thing. As in I wasn't worried about that before now, but now that you've brought it up, I'm incredibly worried about it!

Today, he sent me this, the quintessential David Naunton good-news-unless-it's-incredibly-bad-news type of thing:

Are you losing sleep at night because you're afraid that all life on Earth will suddenly be annihilated by a massive dose of gamma radiation from the cosmos? Well, now you can rest easy. Some scientists have wondered whether a deadly astronomical event called a gamma ray burst could happen in a galaxy like ours, but a group of astronomers at Ohio State University and their colleagues have determined that such an event would be nearly impossible. Gamma ray bursts are high-energy beams of radiation that shoot out from the north and south magnetic poles of a particular kind of star during a supernova explosion.


Yes, thank you Dave. Now I will spend my nights worried about the one-in-a-million chance of being blown to bits by gamma rays.

I feel so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example