Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I have been sucked into the belly of the beast. Again!

OK. So. I admit it. I am a full on computer geek.

Not just a computer geek, mind you. An audio computer geek.

But I just can't help it! I've been buying new software this week, and it's just incredible what's out there now.

Take, for example, these films on Melodyne, which is a pitch correction and time correction software. Now, even if you are not an audio person, I challenge you to watch all 4 of these short films and see if you are not mesmerized by them.

I don't even own this software but I was totally captivated by these films! Now I have to buy the damn software! ARGH! IT'S NEVER GONNA END!

Just click on each of these and watch. You'll see what I mean.




















2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's the point of trying to be a talented musician if you can just correct anything and everything digitally?

1/03/2007 5:59 AM

 
Blogger Lindsay Jones! said...

Well, think of it like this. The talented people are not gonna need this kind of help, and will always outshine others, no matter what. But the lesser talented people, who you normally would have just written off as a loss, now at least have a better chance at being heard and appreciated.

And also, the first time you're paid a lot of money to work on something that sounds terrible, anything that you can do to it to make it sound a little better, will help you sleep at night. Trust me.

1/03/2007 10:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example