Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's time to do The Stalk!

A while back, my good friends Kirsten Kelly and Anne Demare began filming a truly fantastic documentary about asparagus called "Asparagus, A Stalkumentary".

The film details the story of a small community in Michigan who become producers of asparagus virtually overnight, and the ways that they try to promote Michigan asparagus to consumers. They do things like having a Mrs. Asparagus Pageant, hosting the National Asparagus Festival, and even getting a group of children to sing songs about asparagus at The White House!

But my all-time favorite way they promoted asparagus was to come up with the disco dance called The Asparagus Stalk! Yes, that's right, an actual dance about the growing of asparagus.

So when the filmmakers discovered at the last second that they would not be able to use the disco music that they had originally selected, they called me to supply a new asparagus disco theme. It was the call that I had been waiting for my entire life.

And so! Without further ado! I give you........THE ASPARAGUS STALK!

(Video had to be removed temporarily, replacement coming soon)

What's so great about this movie is that it all REALLY happened, and is still going on today! Stay tuned here for more "Asparagus" updates coming soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay! You are the man! I want to see you dance the Stalk!
Tony

4/25/2006 10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life and I'll never forgive you for not letting me sing the Theme Song.

Not ever.

4/26/2006 11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Asparagus: A Stalk-umentary at a festival the other day and loved "The Stalk." I didn't realize the song wasn't what they originally danced to. I really want to see that again. Do you know why the filmmakers don't have an official web page or an entry on IMDB?

9/18/2006 3:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SOB* Where's the video?!?

I saw Asparagus the other day and would f'n LOVE to see your video. Please oh please?

4/23/2007 8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example