Self-editing is overrated. Or is it?

Friday, September 01, 2006

This is what your mom meant when she asked if you were sure about going into theatre for a living.

We've discussed this before, but damn! It is hard to run a small theatre company in this world.

"Come on" I hear you say. "My job is way harder than that."

Oh yeah?

Well, check out this email I just got from the Elephant Asylum Theatre in Los Angeles. I did a show once in this theatre a while ago and while I do not know them well, this tale of woe did actually made me pay attention.

Someone crashed into the Santa Monica/Lillian Corner of our theatre last night. They broke completely through the wall and into the Elephant Lab theatre. They then LEFT. No note. No business card taped to the crumbled wall. Nothing.

And you think it ends there? No. No my friends. Someone then came into the theatre and STOLE 3 chopsaws, a table saw and our sound equipment out of the booth.

You know, at some point, after 7 years in this building, you would THINK that the tranny hookers, or Big Lou the crack head would have fended off the bad guys.

All joking aside, thank god no one was on that stage late at night building a set. We have a load in for a play called Two In a Room produced by Caroline Gordan Elliot loading in THURSDAY. Amid all the Insurance issues, the building super, and us crying over our stolen goods- a play must go on!

So that being said, if our sad tale inspires you at all, and you possibly have an unwanted chop saw, or such laying around... let us know.

Otherwise, you could support us by coming to see the Smash Hit 7 Redneck Cheerleaders at the Elephant Asylum Theatre. We just extended through September 30th. Thurs-Saturdays (One Sunday performance left this weekend). You can get tickets at plays411.com or through Goldstar and LA Stage Alliance. And just think, not only will you get to see one of the funniest shows in Hollywood (about Hollywood theatre) but you will also get to gawk at the huge hole in the side of our building.

Thanks
The Elephant Theatre Company


Now, like I said, I don't know these people, I can't vouch for this show, I offer no guarantees. But the show is going on while they got a freakin' hole in the side of their building!

That's hardcore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Steppenwolf had classes there. I was the one that begged everyone to move to the other side of the hill when I lived in North Hollywood so it would be closer to me. Me, that's right....me. Everyone balked. Martha Levy caled me and reemed me. Tom Irwin cried and whined.

Now I'd like a medallion of some kind for saving many people's lives.

9/05/2006 2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell one thing, The show 7 Redneck Cheerleaders is great!!! Well worth the sit down. You will laugh your ass off. No joke!! Funny as hell.

Have a great day,

POP

9/28/2006 6:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web hellifiknowblog.blogspot.com

Example